How too often you find yourself a lipstick that matches up your skin tone well. Yes, confusion in beauty can bring disaster so it is better to know your skin tone and opt for make up shades especially lip colours that suit you.
Rozar Lobo, Make up Artist at The Body Shop India, lists down some tips to pick your shade according to skin tone.
* If you have fair skintone, go for cool colours. To accentuate your skintone, wear lipshades of peaches, nude pinks, mauve. For fair skin, you can go for mattes. For the eyes, you can swap light eyes with bold lips or vice versa depending upon the occasion.
* If you have neutral skin tone, opt for dark pink or violet or just browns. Make sure you always opt for matte shades that do justice to your face and keep you all day long elegant and classy.
* If you have darker version of skin tone you can opt for sheer glossed and maroon tones or brown lip shades, that suits you well. Intense smoky eyes with nude lips with a tinge of sheer gloss always wins the game.
Reena Chhabra, CEO, Nykaa (FSN) Brands Marketing Pvt Ltd says that lipstick is the most ‘on the go’ make up item in a woman’s bag.
She also have some tips to share
* Nudes: The classic nude shade is for the girl on the move. Basically, a fair skin tone can pull off any kind of lipstick shade, but the best are the nudes. They are best for office going divas, or a day makeup look or a no makeup look. Sometimes a little or no makeup look is more than enough to put the required glamour on your face.
* Pink: Pink lips have been a girl’s weakness for long. The lighter or neon pink shades go best with fairer and medium skin tones. The dark and warmer shades of pink looks best on wheatish complexion. Decide on a lighter shade of pink for an understated look or go for a bright pink shade to flaunt your vibrant self.
* Corals: Coral lips go well with a little darker or tanned skin. Too dark a shade could be a bit intimidating, but a burnt shade works well for the Indian skin tone. Use the shade to complement any eye look, or pair it with matching blush and shadow for a monochromatic effect.