Lucknow: In a shocking video that was getting viral on social media platform in which a drunken man was seen eating alive snake in Uttar Pradesh’s Amroha district but after few hours he died.
Provoked by villagers, a heavily drunk man in UP’s Amroha district ate a live snake he found alongside road. After reaching home, the 40-year-old man, identified as Mahipal Singh, fell ill and died four hours later due to poisoning. A video of him playing with the snake has gone viral on social media groups.
According to local residents, Singh, a labourer, was heavily drunk when he spotted a small snake alongside the road and picked it up. Meanwhile, a few locals gathered at the spot and started provoking him to play with the snake as they recorded the incident on their mobile phones.
40-year-old heavily drunk man eat poisonous alive snake in Uttar Pradesh’s Amroha district:
Encouraged by the attention, Singh picked up the snake and hid it in his fists and put it on his head. At this juncture, somebody asked him to put it in his mouth, which he did.
According to a local person said, “Even before he could realize what was happening, the snake slipped from his hands and made its way down his trachea. He felt sick and began to vomit but the snake didn’t come out.”
He was rushed to a local hospital but died four hours later. He is survived by his wife, a son and three daughters.
Rajbpura kotwali station house officer Dharmendra Singh said, “We have taken note of the incident and are trying to verify the viral video where the man is seen making mischief with the snake. We are trying to ascertain if he was provoked or not. His family has not approached us so far.”